Walk on cloud nine
Burritt Bros Carpet Installation
Quality Carpets in Vancouver, BC
Broadloom (or wall-to-wall) carpet as we know it saw its popularity increase drastically in North America after World War II. Prior to this, carpets were woven together from narrower strips of fabric made from natural fibers and installed. In fact, Burritt Bros started as a trades company installing and doing repairs on carpets. After World War II the technology changed and the advent of the rolled carpet came about. Burritt Bros had also changed by this point and started shifting toward a combined sales and installation operation. For a more detailed history of carpet in North America, please click HERE.
At Burritt Bros, we have been providing high-quality, reasonably priced carpeting in Vancouver, BC since 1907. Our flooring experts are committed to helping customers choose the perfect carpeting for their needs, budget, and personal aesthetic. When you choose Burritt Bros, you can trust that you’re getting quality craftsmanship, exceptional materials, dedicated customer service, and efficient professional carpeting installation. To learn more about our selection of quality carpets in Vancouver, BC, call us today or click on one of the carpeting types below:
How to Choose the Right Carpeting in Vancouver, BC
When choosing the carpet in Vancouver for your home or business, certain factors beyond just color, design, and brand should contribute to your decision. Our flooring experts at Burritt Bros are always happy to show customers samples of carpeting in our Vancouver showroom, or you can check out our gallery of completed projects on our website, including commercial carpet tiles, residential carpeting, and carpet for stairs. Here are a few of the factors that should go into your decision when choosing your carpeting:
- Traffic Flow – How heavy is the traffic in the room where your carpeting will be installed? For high-traffic areas, you’ll need durable, easy-to-clean carpeting that can handle a lot of foot traffic without wearing thin. For commercial spaces, you might opt for carpet tiles, which are easier and less expensive to replace if damaged.
- Purpose – Why are you installing carpeting? This may help you decide what type of carpeting you need. Are you interested in carpeting to protect hardwood flooring, absorb noise, cushion falls, prevent accidents, improve aesthetics, increase the resale value of your home, or improve insulation?
- Budget – If you need to stick to a budget, make sure your carpeting retailer knows that ahead of time. Certain budgetary restrictions will affect your carpeting choices.
- Quality – If you are willing to pay a little more for high-quality carpeting, your carpeting may last longer, feel better underfoot, and come in a wider variety of colors, patterns, and styles.
- Maintenance – If your carpeting will be in a high-traffic area, such as a carpet for stairs, you’ll want to choose carpeting that is easy to clean, care for, and maintain.
Types of Carpeting for Homes and Businesses
Residential carpeting come in an incredible variety of colors, designs, styles, and materials. Choosing the perfect carpet can be overwhelming, but our carpeting experts at Burritt Bros are here to help. We can give you feedback, show you samples, walk you through our gallery of completed carpeting jobs, and help you choose the perfect carpet for your project. The type of carpeting you choose can vary based on:
- Fiber – The material the carpeting is made of, which can be natural or synthetic. Burritt Bros is very well-known for our wool carpets, but we also provide synthetic carpets made from fibers such as nylon, polyester, triexta, or olefin.
- Pile – The way the fibers are arranged on the carpeting. The three types of carpet piles are loop piles, cut piles, and cut and loop piles. Carpet piles also vary due to height and texture. Your carpet’s pile can be low, medium, high, or multi-level.
- Backing – The backing material on the carpeting, both primary and secondary backing. Common backing material includes polyurethane, soft plastic, or jute.
Benefits of Choosing a High-Quality Carpet
High-quality or high-grade carpeting is the longest-lasting of all grades of carpeting. High-grade carpeting can last up to 20 years with the proper care, cleaning, and maintenance. High-grade carpeting is made from high-quality materials, like wool, and is denser and heavier than lower-grade carpeting. This means that they offer higher noise absorption, are more comfortable to walk on, and offer more protection to the floor underneath. High-grade carpeting will also better withstand heavy foot traffic.
Why Choose Us at Burritt Bros?
Not only do our carpeting experts have decades of experience, but they also have strong ties to the Vancouver community. We are invested in our customers’ happiness, and only want to provide them with the highest quality materials, service, and advice. When you choose Burritt Bros for your carpeting installation in Vancouver, you’re joining hundreds of happy, satisfied customers who have stayed loyal to our company over the years. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our carpet installation is efficient, professional, and reliable so our customers get the same level of service each time. Our carpeting installers are insured, highly experienced, and can install any type of carpeting in your home or business with little disruption of your normal routine.
Choose Your New Carpeting in Vancouver Today
If you’re ready to get started with new carpeting in Vancouver, BC, just call us today at Burritt Bros. We can set up an initial consultation, during which we offer you a free estimate for carpet installation. You can also stop by our showroom in Vancouver to see samples of the carpeting we carry, and our friendly, knowledgeable staff can help you choose the perfect carpeting for your needs, design style, and budget. Just contact us online, call us, or stop by our showroom to get started.